Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Discipline ...



Even during our vacation the energy of the Olympics was strong. When we had walked all over San Fran we could not wait to get back and cheer our nations athletes - and of course Michael Phelps. I just have to say that he makes me want to be a better human being. The reason why the nation loves him is the fact that he is the model of "total human potential." The kid has broken three world records in four days; and yet he is humble and wants his team to win. I heard his mothers' story on the news; a single mom, raising three boys and working hard to give them a good life. I can't help but think of my mom. Phelps tells me that it's OK to work hard. It's OK to practice on your birthday, Christmas, New Years ... everyday. Being in our business I have heard people say "Martha you work too hard. Relax ... etc" and yet I see this man who chooses not to let up and goes after his dreams! Suddenly the entire nations thinks he is a hero ... not a hero. Disciplined.

Too many of us choose to take the easy way in life and root someone else that stands above the crowd. I say, why not you? Why not push yourself and become something great? I heard a great quote in our trip from one of the top guys in Primerica, "I'm not where I want to be, but thank goodness I'm not who I use to be."

Enough said.

2 comments:

  1. im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Hermana,

    I really liked your blog about Michael Phelps. I watched him litterally win when he was a whole body a way and when he won with just a finger. Its pretty amazing!!

    I'm glad to see you get what you want and I know your discipline enough to get it.

    Great Job Hermana!!!

    ReplyDelete