Monday, December 22, 2008

Don't forget to live...

Ty and I visited the Basket Loft and I was taken back by a quote I saw there.

"In the middle of making a living ... don't forget to live"

I was taken back by how much I sometimes see Christmas as a distraction. Sometimes I get so focused that nothing else will get in my way. This is both a great and bad quality. When I see something I want, I don't get distracted; however sometimes I miss having a life. So tonight I got out of the shower, put on 106.5, turned on my tree and just sat there. I sat for a long time. I looked around at my condo and cherished all the memories made here. I looked at our first tree - and it is the most beautiful tree I have ever seen. Ty joined me and we sat together, cuddling and remembering all our memories so far. Ty took a big test today. Didn't pass. Any other day I would stressed, disappointed and just working toward the next step. Not today. I sat there, thought of my blessings and held Tyson.

Maybe it's this drive to achieve that will make our future Christmases that much better, I just don't want to miss what I have now. I don't want to miss us. Soon the babies will come, the world will spin 3000 miles per hour, and I won't have this luxury. So tonight I stand still. I listen and I put into memory the amazing time that Tyson and I are living.

Tomorrow I get to have lunch with Kelly and Theresa. I get to wrap present and support my hubby in his two appointments. I have a great life. So here's to the "distraction" of Christmas. May other "Martha's" be able to stand still - if only for a moment. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. great post. I agree that sometimes in the moment of it all (the distraction), we forget to take time and reflect on those things that are important. Good for you and your husband taking time to reflect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my darling darling Miss Martha. It is so ironic you make this statement, and perhaps appropriate. I think one of the things I admire MOST about you is your ability to keep balance in your life. You somehow intuitively know that relationships with people are the most important thing that will bring the most happiness and satisfaction. Its like you haven't had to have this epiphany before because are already live it.

    You dear! I'm glad you had a great Christmas! What are you doing for New Year's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true...I think that I enjoyed the journey but I didn't journal that much about it and I regret that. What you go through now will help so many others if you can remember it well. So enjoy it...cherish this time that you GET to build this biz...and take the time to write down the good and the hard times so you can share it with others;)

    ReplyDelete