Monday, December 15, 2008

Ty always Amazes me

If anyone doubts that Tyson is not committed read below. Tyson's family always has the Gerber Christmas party. Tyson has never missed it (outside of mission) and absolutely loves it. This year we realized that we could not do both training and party - so what did Ty do? He knew the team needed him and so he stayed. STAYED. This boy amazes me. His work ethic, his never ending belief, his love for our team ... he is just a leader. I caught a ride up to Logan with Scott and Erica. We arrived in time to go to Honk's Dollar store for our gift. After Honk's we headed back to show off our gifts (I got hangers) to the family. We had a great lunch - sad part was that I got really sick to my stomach and had to lay down and just sleep it off. When I did wake up we did the "funny" white elephant gifts and finished the party. I do have to note how much I respect Grandpa and Grandma Gerber. They have created such a close family. I have never met a family as close as the Gerbers. I see Grandpa, who owned so many business and really set a standard for the family on the good we can do if we follow the prophet and be smart with our blessings. I am so lucky to have married into a family that honors family, a dad and wife and in uniting together. Last night Tyson and I were driving home and he explained how he felt that providing well for our family was his responsibility. I was so proud to be married to man that never backs down from providing for me. I believe that comes from the example Grandpa and Grandma Gerber set for him, as well as his parents.

Over all it was fantastic weekend. We made it to the PFS Stonebraker Christmas party, spent time with the Halleys, had friends over for dinner and just had a great time. I am so lucky to my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment