Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy 4 Year Anniversary




It's crazy how fast our first 4 years of marriage has gone. We have been so blessed to have so many fun memories - building a business, moving to another state, getting pregnant, learning to things - it's been a crazy last year for sure. Tyson and I wanted to make sure this anniversary was fun and special. We have never been really big people on anniversaries. We usually go to lunch somewhere, we always watch our wedding video and talk but nothing more than that. This year I really felt I needed to make it count. Probably because this will be the very last anniversary EVER without kids. Tyson and I have been so used to being just us and life will change in just a couple of months. Life will change but in a good way. This year felt like our last way to goodbye to our old life and hello to the new adventure Sydney will bring.

We woke up super early (7:30 am) and got ready. Tyson helped one of his agents with questions and I got ready. We were ready and fed by 8:45 am. We were super brave - or dumb- and we headed downtown the the IKEA grand opening. It was mayhem but super fun. We waited in line for 25 minutes just to get into the front door. We had a good time just talking to the people around us asking what we were all there for. We made it inside and very calmly walked around the store. We bought a night light, some dresser organizers and some small kits for Sydneys room. Our favorite part was the kitchens and the bedrooms - I saw some amazing ideas on simplifying and just living simpler.

After Ikea it was my turn to surprise Tysons. We went to Skyventure Colorado, which was only two blocks away from IKEA and Tyson got to finally skydive. Indoor Skydive that is. He loved it! He was such a natural. I could not do it since I was pregnant but it made me giddy just to see Tyson be so happy. He had two- 1 minute flying intervals. He just rocked at it! Everyone kept saying that he must have done it before. Our instructor (Mike Silva) just happened to be the #1 Freestyle Flyer in the country and had just won a gold medal! He was amazing!

After Skyventure we headed home. Our friend Jaime hooked us up with a free pizza from Papa Murphies - so good! We got home and relaxed. At 5 pm I went with Tyson on an appointment and I hung out at Kohls while he went with one of our recruits. We finally made it home around 10 pm. I was so tired we went to bed and watched our wedding video. We laughed our heads off. We felt so cheesy.

It was a great anniversary. It was awesome to spend the whole day together and talk about our lives. I'm grateful to be married to Tyson. We help each other become better people and I could not imagine anyone else better for me and our family than Tyson. He really is amazing.














No comments:

Post a Comment