Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


























This was our 3rd thanksgiving in Colorado and I loved how relaxing it was. No travel, no fuss, no big plans - just a day to enjoy and shopping for diapers.

We again spent it with the Scottorns. Tyson played turkey bowl with the Westminster ward @ 9 am. Sydney and I hung out at home and looked at the black Friday ads.

I made homemade rolls, stuffing and apple pie. We headed to the scottorns at 1 and ate at 2 pm. We hung out and watched a movie. Tyson played football with the kids. We headed home at 6 pm.

We got home, hung out and put Sydney down at 715. We facetimed with my family. I got ready and then I headed out to Walmart. This year the deals started at 8 pm which was PERFECT for me since I can't stay up late. I got there and headed for the diapers, wipes and Tupperware.

This year we got 20 boxes of diapers @ $10/box and 11 boxes of wipes @ $5/box. According to our useage. We should be covered in wipes for a both babies for a little over a year and with diapers we should last give or take 10 months. So we really are spending $150 on wipes and diapers per baby! I know it sounds crazy but with me not working with London is born I wanted to make sure we have the basics covered.

I got home at 930 pm and went straight to bed. The next morning both Tyson and I woke up at 730, got Sydney ready and headed out once more to get more diapers. We got 5 more boxes of diapers and 4 more of wipes. We were pretty happy with our results.

Overall it was a great time and relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment