Friday, November 2, 2012

Utah Part 1



















We are back from our Utah trip. I wish I could say it was super awesome - and some parts were but we were stricken with a massive stomach flu that affected everyone.

First, the good part. We arrived Friday morning and Jael picked us up. We had a great time hanging out at her place while the kiddos napped, we cleaned, Ty played xbox. We visited my friend Niesha and Aaron around 5 and had such a great time. Niesha is due with her 4th two days after London is due (02/24).

We got home and we set up Sydneys room, we hung out with my mom and went our for some hispanic food.

Saturday we woke up early and headed to Walmart to buy food. We then hit Target and bough Sydney some cute skidder shoes. We came back home and set up the party, got ready and just hung out. We had papa murphies for lunch. At 4 pm Tyson's parents arrived and the guest shortly afterwards. It was a small gathering , just our immediate family and Tyson's but now with inlaws and their kids it felt  pretty big. We played Celebraty and the boys won. We sung happy birthday to Syndey and she went crazy over the her cupcake. We had to stop her from eating all the frosting. She was very lady like though. At 730 Tyson got sydney ready and took her up to Logan to hang out with his family. It was my first time away from her and I cried as I put her in her car seat. I knew that this was healthy for me but I had no idea how much of my soul goes along with Sydney.

Sunday morning Tyson called me to let me know Sydney had been sick ALL night, which is crazy since she was perfectly fine saturday night. I guess she threw up all night from 9 - 2 am. She would not eat or drink anything. Poor baby, poor daddy. Tyson's mom came to the rescue of course. So Sunday I spent all day worrying about her. I attended my cousins mission farewell, visited my grandma and hung out at home. By this time my mom said her stomach hurt too! We called the 24 nurse hotline and they said just focus on keeping liquids. Monday morning Tyson drove back from Logan and got to my parents house at 11 am. My sister drove us to the airport. Poor Sydney was just so unresponsive. She was so sleepy. She slept on our shoulders, belly, anywhere.

The great blessing was that our plane was 1. upgrated to the "executive plane" so it was super nice and 2. it was a nearly empty flight. So we had lots of room. Sydney got two seats all to her self so she could sleep. We landed in Denver but were so worried about her that we headed to her pediatrician. He looked at her and said she looked pretty dehidrated with sunken eyes. He was also worried about her not having a wet diaper for 10 hours so he sent us to the Childrens Hospital. We got there 20 minutes late. Tyson carried Sydney into the waiting room and while we were checking in, she did a MASSIVE throwup all over his shoulder. It was so bad that the nurses gave him scrubs to totally change into. So sad.

We spent 5 hours at the Childrens hospital. The checked to make sure she did not have a Urinary Track Infection, which was negative and they gave her Zofran to help her stomach. They did an X-ray of her belly and everything looked fine. We stayed for 2 hours and fed her through a serigue every 15 minutes. Since she was able to keep it down we were sent home.

That night we had to feed her every 1.5 hours via seringue. She would usually wake up every 3 hours but after 2 am it was every 2 - 1.5 hours. Needless to say we were ALL exhausted. The next day we both worked but I did not go in until 1 pm. Sydney still was not eating anything but she was happily taking the powerade. I came home and she seemed much better.

Wednesday was her first halloween and also first birthday. I could not believe it! We were all so tired but so happy she was doing better. We hung out at home and ventured our to get groceries. It was 73 degrees and gorgous. When Ty got off at 6 we headed to the Meakens. We pizza and then went trick or treating for 15 minutes.

Sydney loved it! She would even grab her own candy and put it in her baggy - we were both melting with pride. She was is  the perfect little girl for us. We got back to the house at 730 and put her down. The grown up wents downstairs to watch Nigthmare Before Christmas. We were done by 915. We took Sydney home. She slept the entire night!!! We were so thankful.

So she is still mending but seems to be doing much better. We are so thankful for all the help and prayers for little Sydney.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete