Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cleaning The House

The best motivator to clean your house ... company. Melissa asked if we could have a baby shower for Jessica Moya at our little backyard and I was thrilled - until I realized it meant having lots of people come to my little house. So in the midst of getting food and the backyard ready I also cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.

I know it sounds like I'm some weirdo but I love purging my house. I love feeling peaceful and having a quite, simple home. I believe a home should not take over every minute with cleaning. A home should be fun and worry free, as much as possible anyway.

I was pretty happy with my results. Its funny things that go through your head, as I was cleaning I started to think how I can't wait to have a maid - but then I started thinking how she may not be as clean as me so then I would pay someone for a bad job. My mind is so weird sometimes.









The babyshower was the next day and turned out a complete success. We had some great games. 1. We had to taste actual baby food (meats included, yuck) and guess what it was. 2. We had to complete common nursery rhymes and 3.We had a memory game with a basket full of baby stuff. I won the tasting game - not something I'm super proud of. Jessica had a great time so we were happy - oh yeah did I mention that the food was amazing?





1 comment: