Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cold Weather, Great Deals

The weather has finally turned chillier - glad I got all my winter prep done.This week King Soopers had an amazing sale! I must have gone six times!!! In total I got:

30 cans of diced tomatoes
30 cans of cream of chicken/mushroom
5 can of evaporated milk
15 cans of turkey chili
2 pizza's
5 frozen cookies doughs
7 boxes of quick cook pasta
5 packets of ramen noodles
8 jars of La Victoria salsa

The total retail would have been about $168 dollars and I paid $30! that's roughly $.28 cents per item. Couponing has been such a blessing. I've now taught 2 other girls to coupon and they are loving it. Granted not all sales are this great, but I am in constant shock by how full our pantry now is, while still keeping with my budget.

Yesterday Jessice Moya brough her sweet week old baby over and I watched her while Jessica rested. We had lunch, and I stayed with Eliana while Jessice picked up her little boy from pre-school. I was so proud of myself. I changed her, kept her awake, fed her, played with her ... all without freaking out. It was actually a pretty amazing experience. Tyson was home making calls and even he said it was a little freaky to see my being so comfortable with a newborn - not just a baby, but newborn.

I took Jessica to Kings and had her shop with coupons for the first time. She loved it. She loved getting out of the house, getting help with groceries and just learning. She is a really amazing person.

Tonight we had opp night and then we always go to Applebees with the team. They are having their "late night" specials and we get half priced appetizers. We have been doing this for about 5 months now and Ty and I always share the same thing - hot boneless buffalo wings with extra ranch and sauce. We just love it

No comments:

Post a Comment