Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

What a great time. I think that this first "big" holiday away from family was a great experience for us.
Thursday started at 5 am when I got up to start the turkey. Melissa came over the night before to help me prep it and told me it had to cook for a 6 hours. So I got up at 5 am to start the turkey.








At 9 am I went with Tyson to play a Turkey Bowl with Jon's ward. He thought we were all meeting by the church but when we got there we could not recognize anyone. We called Jon and realized we were at the wrong place. After we found the real park we started to walk to them an realized how FREEZING it was. It was 18 degrees, sunny and windy. I saw Melissa and the kids but by the time we got closer they were all running toward us headed home because they kids could not hack it. What am I saying, I could not hack it. So I left Ty to play and I went home, enjoyed a long shower, cleaned the house.




Tyson got home around 11 am and started to get ready. I checked on the turkey and it was looking great. The only problem is that I also had the THREE dozen rolls I needed to cook. I thought "no problem, I'll just put them in the oven WITH the turkey". Bad mistake. The top of the rolls looked cooked but the bottom were undercooked. I had to take my half-baked rolls to Melissa's house to finish it off. The hardest part was getting the 18 lbs turkey from my oven to theirs. We did not buy any of the fancy pans and so our pans were covered with Turkey liquids. It took a while for us to empty some liquids and sort a plan to transport the turkey via car. We were super careful and put big towels in my car and ruined a good 5 small towels with all the grease. We got there and Melissa was still cooking some potatoes. So we stared munching on her yummy appetizers.








We finally started to eat around 1:30 but Tyson had an appoinment at 2 so he ate quick and left. He came back an hour later and said the person he was going to meet was 30 minutes late and there were kicked out of the Starbucks because it was Thanksgiving. We have so many funny memories! Tyson enjoyed the meal and we were all full and had so much food left over!!! We watched Stealth, Knight and Day and slept.

For dessert we ate pumpkin pie and chocolate mousse pie - it was awesome. Tyson had 4 Dr. Peppers - he was in caffine heaven. Around 6 pm Katie and Curtis came over. We talked business, played Rock Band and just hung out.





Ty and I got home around 10:30 and tried to get some sleep before ....

That's right. We hit BLACK FRIDAY in Colorado. We went to Walmart at Midnight and got some tuberware and were suppose to get a heat blanket but theirs sucked! So we kinda went for nothing :( We got home at 1 am and slept unitl 4 am. We got up at 4 am and went to get Melissa. We hit Flatirons Mall. Tyson hit Dick's for Gaylans present and Melissa and I hit Forever21 and Charlotte Russe. I got some stuff for our mom's.

Were done with FlatIron's around 5:45 am. We headed to JcPenney - but not before getting SUPER lost. We finally hit JcPenny at 6:20 and also Target. We got home at 7:15 and slept until 9:15 when I got up and went to work. WE ARE SO CRAZY. Our favorite thing we bought is Tyson's blanket. We love it. It's soooo soft. Tyson is in heaven.





We had a great Thaksgiving. We are having so many great experiences. We feel blessed to have good friends and to have a great family. This weekend we are hoping to get the Christmas tree up.

No comments:

Post a Comment