Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baby in Bump




It's been such an amazing couple of days. We have been waiting for so long to find out the gender that Tuesday we felt like our hearts were going to explode. We woke up and tried to keep buy. Tyson went to the office and I kept busy cleaning the property. Tyson got home around 12:45 and started lunch. I got off at 1:40, changed and ate pizza.

We headed to the hospital for our appointment and got there right at 2. We only waited about 10 minutes before being called back. The ultrasound first examined me and then the organs of the baby. I was so fascinated that I actually missed when the lady said " and this is her labida .... that means your having a girl.."

A girl! A girl!!! WERE HAVING A GIRL!!!

I was so excited! My dream of sweet Sydney Jane was going to come true. Tyson and I were beyond esctatic! The nursed checked her heart, lungs, brains ... everything looked great. We met with Dr. Kimberly Roose after and she said my body looked right on track and that the baby is great. She gave me some exercises to start helping the baby get positioned right.

I am officially in my 6th month of pregnancy. I can't believe it. We waited so long for this time and as much as I try to slow down and take it all in, it all feel like it's flying by. I've gained 13 lbs in my first 5 months, so I am on track for a very healthy 25 lbs.

Tyson spread the news during our opp night while presenting. Everyone was so excited. We love being able to call Syndey by her first name. Everything feels more real now. The doctor said placenta is right in the front of my stomach, which is why I probably have not felt Sydney move. She said I am very cushioned but should be able to start feeling very clear movement by 24 weeks. So excited!

Oh by the way .... were having a girl!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Martha!!! I am so excited for you. I love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY CONGRATS!!! How perfect!! She is going to be so beautiful just like her mother!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!! little girls are so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHATTTTT!!!!!! Congratulations. We are so excited for you both. You two will be great parents. YEAHHHHHH. Love you.

    ReplyDelete