Saturday, June 25, 2011

Convention Day Two

Thrusday I arrived at 11 am and we went back to the hotel for me to change. We drove to downtown GA, found a place to park and then headed to the CNN center for lunch. It was madness with 70,000 agents. Thursday night we had the partnership workshop and we learned so much about working together and just being better spouses. I loved it. We had our hiarchy breakout with Brandon Niel, Jeff Fieldsted and Igor Rocha and we did not leave the dome until 11:45. To make things worse, Aimee's phone died so we had no GPS and we got lost. I'm pretty sure we were in the ghetto to Atlanta. The funniest part was that Tyson kept saying "I know were I'm going ..."

We finally made it back to the freeway and then we were all starving. So found a McDonalds which had the crappiest service ever! We finally made it back to our hotel at 1 am and shoved food down our throats.

The next morning we had our workshops for divison and regional leaders, after we had a 4 hour break so we went back to the hotel and slept. We made it back at 5 pm for the opening ceremony at the dome. It was incredible to listen to so many speakers who beat the odds. We made it back to the hotel around midnight.

Saturday we had an early morning. We were at the dome by 8 am and had our ceremony from 9 - 1 pm. After we had an hour and then Women in Primerica from 2-5, then another break and the closing ceremony from 7-11. By this time my poor body was hatting me. I was running through this huge dome trying to get seats. Poor Sydney must have thought I was doing a marathon.

Sunday morning we all just slept. My body felt like it was hit by a truck and I was sore all over. We finally checked out of our hotel room at 11 am, we headed downtown and went to the Atlanta Underground Mall. We had lunch at Johnny Rockets and then headed the airport. We found out our plane was too full so we asked if we could give up our seats for free vouchers - and sure enough we each got TWO free flights :) This also meant we had to hang out at the airport for 4 more hours. I read and tried to sleep. We finally made it to Denver at 11 pm.

Monday I slept until 10 am. Tyson said I was out! It was such a great convention. It reminded me of the first time Tyson and I went, four years ago, three days after we were married. So many things have changed. We have grown so much because of Primerica. I'm grateful everyday.
















No comments:

Post a Comment