Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Height of the Cleaning ...

It continues. This last week our heigh of decluttering and organizing was reached. The Scottorns came over Friday night to keep rearranging our storage unit to fit more stuff and what started as simple 1-hour project ended up as a 5 hour treck through our stuff and theirs. I was surprised how much Ty and I got rid of including a book shelve we got for free two years ago. Tyson's office is looking much bigger for the baby room.

We also took advantage of our new storage containers and put away books, office supplies and stuff we did not use. We got rid of ton's of stuff. Oh man it was work. We celebrated by buying chinese food and eating it at the Scottorns place.

For the first time in 2 weeks my house feels normal. I vacuumed yesterday and there was so much more room! The only real things left to do is put my cedar chest back at the storage unit and possibly our coffee table - but I go back on that over and over again.

It's funny because the ideal thing would be if Ty and I could just get a bigger place, but since we can't, getting rid of all the extra make me feel empowered - not forced into something. I'm so grateful that Ty has been ok with my massive decluttering. It harder for him to get rid of stuff but he has been amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment