Saturday, September 24, 2011

Last 2 Weeks...

The last couple of weeks have seemed really slow but also fast. Slow in the fact that not much exciting has happened and fast that the countdown to Sydney being here seems to speed up.

I've been busy buying last minute things crazy things like nursing bras and pads, which is pretty crazy. The shopping list is getting smaller and smaller. The funny thing is that we really have bought nothing outside of the necessities and yet it still feels like alot.

We finished our birthing class and we are currently looking for a doula to assist our birth. We are pretty excited to have that extra support and help. We have three interviews this weekend to see if any of these doulas are a good fit for us.

Last night Melissa and I went to Safeway to redeem a raincheck on ground beef for $1.69 per lb. I bought 20 lbs and Melissa got 10 (which is funny because she has a family of 5 and then it's just me and Tyson :) Well we got back to Melissa's place and realized we were missing 8 lbs. So we called Safeway and sure enough we forgot the meat at the store! oh man talk about pregnancy brain.

I've been so tired. Everyone says that right before you give birth you have this "surge of energy". Maybe it just means that Sydney won't come for a while since I am sooo tired and struggle to even cook the ground beef I bought last night.

I've started packing for the hospital. I worry that I will forget something but I hate hate hate packing too much. I also feel like I am rambling - probably am. Ok. I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good girly!! I'm way excited for you. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys! In terms of packing, I'm sure you have lots of people expressing opinions and advice but I thought I'd throw in my two cents...We only took one carry on sized bag for all three of us and it was plenty (I'm the less is more too). I didn't need anything while in the hospital except I did choose to wear a robe and gaucho pants instead of the gown. I didn't read or flip through magazines or any of that kind of stuff - I just held the baby :) Oliver had changes of clothes and we brought minimal toiletries because I'm not a makeup person anyway. Just toothbrushes and contact stuff (the hospital has soap and shampoo). Then we brought the baby a blanket and an outfit to go home and it was plenty. Good luck to you - whatever you decide - I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete