Tuesday, December 18, 2012

8 Month Prego Update



Ten weeks left baby! It seems like a long ways away but at the same time with Christmas, new years just a few weeks away I bet it will go way fast.

Well we are making progress on the new nursery. We bought a used crib on Craigslist for $45. It's not the cutest but I think it will work for a while with the new baby. We were thinking Sydney would sleep in the new crib but when we set it up and put Sydney inside we noticed it was a little too short for our comfort. We will probably put the white crib into the closet and give the brown crib to London since she won't move for a while.

This weekend Tyson had a 4 day weekend. We spent it looking at several mini vans, going to a birthday party, cleaning and organizing the house. It sounds easy enough - but we were exhausted by the end.

I am trying to find anything I can to sell on craiglist. My main way to "nest" if you will is to get rid of stuff. I just want lots and lots space. I don't want to worry about picking stuff up - which is hard enough already with a busy and curious 13 month old.

London continues to move like crazy. I'm finding that I can sleep better if I have a pillow in my back and so I'm like at a 45 degree angle. Its my way of pretending to sleep on my back.

Sydney Update: moving moving is the perfect way to describe Sydney these days. She loves to get into everything. She is getting really great at following directions. She has this little red potato she took from our potato stash - well somehow she has fallen in love with it. She even made a little "apartment" in a cupboard next to the dishwasher. She will faithfully put the potato in. Even while we are cleaning up Tyson and I will put the potatoe in there. When we ask Sydney "where's your potatoe" she will walk across the room, open her door, get her potato and proudly show it off. It's too funny.

Sydney is also learning body parts. When we ask "where's your belly" she will pat her belly. She also loves "head shoulders knees and toes" and is giddy when we do it to her.
Sydney is working on learning animals. I have tried to associate them with proper sounds. It's only happened once but when we are reading "brown bear, brown bear" I asked "where's the purple cat, or white dog or yellow duck ...etc" and every so often she will correctly point to the correlating picture. I know it sounds simple but when you work for DAYS on something and they give you a glimpse that they are getting it - it makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment