Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sydney lately ....


















Sydney has been walking and loving to explore lately. Her favorites include "cooking with mom" where she takes all the measuring spoons and pretends she is cooking. She usually brings some spoons to me to "try out" her latest recipe. She also loved standing right behind me so I can always see where she is.

Sydney has also become very very attached to a little baby doll Allison Meakin gave her. She carries it around every where. She's learned to rock it and pretends to say "baby baby ..." It's actually really really cute.

We got her a new sound machine for her naps and nighttime since I was freaking out that her fan was making the room too cold. I'm so glad we did. Last night Denver had a low of 3 degrees! I am so thankful for a warm house with a working heater. We are so blessed.

I've started trying to get into the habit of reading to Sydney during her lunch. Since we don't really eat lunch together since I am not hungry, I've started reading to her out loud either from one of her books or one of mine. Truth be told she usually only last 10 minutes before getting mad I'm not looking at her but I'm hoping her attention span will get better. I feel very strongly about reading out loud to young kid. I remember struggling with reading when I was younger, as does Tyson. This has made us both want to really help our kids feel comfortable and happy with reading. Tyson is really really great at reading to her in the mornings. Even though she doesn't actually sit on our laps most of the time, she is seeing us read and associate happy feelings with it. I'll keep you updated on how we progress.

I also realize that being in due in 2 months will probably change things when London comes. More than anything I want to get myself into good habits now so it won't feel like such a crazy chore when London comes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that girl is a cutie. I am so glad she likes that little baby doll. Come play again soon!

    ReplyDelete