Monday, December 24, 2012

Passing the time.....





















I make it my mission to stay on top of Christmas shopping EARLY in the year - mostly because nothing stresses me out more than last minute shopping. I actually don't even like to hit the malls or shopping areas right before because I feel a sudden urge to buy. Still I usually have to hit Walmart a couple of times for little things.

Sydney and I hit Walmart on Saturday. We picked up 4 food things and headed back. We did however pass all the cute bikes. If Sydney is in good spirits I will let her play around and get the "wiggles" out as we call it. She was really interested in this little trike. I put her inside and showed her the basics - she was in love. The loved it when I pushed her and then she liked to push it herself like a walker. I would say we played a good 20 minutes just back and forth. The workers were super sweet to let us go around and around.

It's moments like these that make me really glad I try to keep our holidays really simple. This year we could have traveled to see family - but it was too expensive, I'm 8 months pregnant and just did not want to add the extra stress. I'm glad we stayed home. We have parties on both Christmas eve AND Christmas day, so we won't be alone. Meals are being kept simple and I'm using this time to actually empty out all our freezer meals and see how long we can go without buying new food and just clearing our pantries and freezer.

London is moving lots still. I feel like I am getting mini braxton hicks contractions but I blame that on not drinking as much water as I did with Sydney. I think I'm lucky if I get 60 oz in per day, where with Sydney I was easily downing 100 oz at work every day. I can totally feel a difference.

Sydney is developing grately in recognizing things. It's true what they say about babies understanding 5x more than they can say - Sydney follows directions like:

lets up upstairs
lets go to the carpet
time to eat
Where's your belly
where's your nose
where's your potatoe
Where's your baby
Stay still (even though she usually cries)
Not for Sydney
Not for eating
Keep going ( we say it when we go up the stairs)
Where's Mr. Lion
Where's Mr. Bird
Where's Mr. Kangaroo

It's been fun to see her actually "get things.." and it encourages me to keep up our efforts. Sometimes I just want to turn on the TV and veg out and not be active with her - but then I see her progress and my energies are renewed.

Also my reading at lunch time continues. I've started using more story picture books rather than just reading my books and Sydney can now last about 15 minutes of quietly eating while paying attention to the books I read. It's small but it's progress. I've decided that rather than torture myself that I have to do it EVERYDAY to have a goal of doing it 4 times a week. This way I get some lunches off or I can be out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment