Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gingerbread Competition




























I've never made a gingerbread house. It's just not something we did growing up. This year we were invited to a competition with some awesome families in the ward. I was excited to go and Tyson got his game face on.

We had it Sunday at 6 pm. The competitors were the Kayla & Shane Thompson, Ryan & Ann Brown, Lacey & Mark Sanders, Jay and Sarah Buragin and us. The competition was pretty heated. We had an hour to come up with the most creative structure. Tyson had Aiden Bugarin help out since I was constantly making sure Sydney did not get into trouble, but I was able to get into the action toward the end. Tyson decided to build the Broncos stadium and I have to say I'm pretty impressed - he even had a parking lot people!

After our hour, we all checked out each others structure and had an anonymous vote. Kayla and Shane Thompson won and their "love shack" was amazing! It even had a garden. Tyson got 2nd place and he was happy about it.

We cleaned up and were home by 8:15pm. We put Sydney to bed and watched an ABC holiday movie. I was in bed by 10:30 (which is WAY late for me) and Ty stayed up playing a computer game with Straton.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome gingerbread house! You guys should have taken first. :)

    ReplyDelete