Saturday, December 29, 2012

8.5 months pregnant and surprise visit




It's Saturday night (12/29) I'm standing in the kitchen icing a chocolate cake for Jay and Sarah's Bugarin's party. Tyson is playing with Sydney in the front room. All of the sudden we get a nock on the door. Odd? It was only 430 and the office is open so it shouldn't be a customer. Tyson goes to the door and all of the sudden I hear a scream of joy! I run to the front room and my MOM IS IN THE ROOM! My parents drove 8 hours to surprise us with a visit!

I was amazed! I was so happy! It was a Christmas miracle - sort of. After 5 minutes of hugging and realizing they were ACTUALLY here we unpacked their car. I showed mom my half organized nursery and the little projects I needed help with.

We were suppose to go have dinner at the Bugarin's house but felt bad so we called to cancel but they INSISTED we come with my parents. We had a great dinner and a great time chatting. We sung happy birthday and were home by 715 pm. We put Sydney to bed and the boys headed down stairs to watch a game. My mom and I talked for hours. We talked about parenting, in-laws, routines, work .... everything. It was awesome. At 1030 we went to bed.

Sunday I could not sleep so I was up at 530 am. I took a shower, headed down stairs to prepare my Sunday School lesson. Mom got up and heard Sydney and got her up too. We played downstairs and took down our Christmas decorations. So happy! My mom quickly got to work and cleaned my downstairs, dusted everything, cleaned my fridge, started laundry - she's amazing!

Tyson and I headed to church and for the first time in 7 months attended Sunday school together. I taught a  great lesson, Tyson participated  and we headed home after. We got home and we tackled the nursery. It was a big job but we got it done and succesfully now have Sydney in the new room. We also took out ALL our 0-3 months clothes, washed them and organized them for London. We sorted clothes and put alway all the 12 months clothes and just kept out the 18 months clothes.

I know it sounds weird but doing all of this took a big stress off my shoulders. We then headed to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy some organizing bins and a dresser divider.

We ordered chinise and had dinner. Poor Sydney was super tired because she got up so early so she was in bed and out at 7 pm. It was awesome. Sunday night I slept much better and got up at 630 but stayed in bed. Monday sadly I had to work and even though I attempted everything to get coverage, I found nothing. We did meet up for lunch at my favorite place - Panera Bread. We shared a great meal and then walked around Target.

That night we went to a new years party at the Ashby home. We stayed until 8 pm and headed home. We put on the movie the guardian but I was in bed by 945 and everyone else followed by 1015 - being parents is soooo cool :) 

The next morning my parents headed back to Utah but not before taking us out to breakfast at IHOP.

It was an AMAZING visit. We got so much done and organized for baby London. I feel so blessed to have such great parents. I love you mom and fredy!






No comments:

Post a Comment