Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Going home ...

After 5 days we were released from children's hospital. I was both happy and terrified. They sent London home with 1/16th of oxygen. We also got a machine at home to refill her tanks. Not sure how long she will need it. We go to her doctor tomorrow to do a oxygen test and see how she does on her own.

The first night home no one slept since we were so worried about London and her oxygen. The 2nd day was very emotional for me. My mom and grandma were constantly worried about London while I was trying to stay calm. Sydney is still showing jealousy showdowns. I'm tired and sometimes right down depressed. Still I try to count my blessings that London is pretty healthy and on very little oxygen. It's nice to have help and just someone to talk to. Our ward continues to bless us with food and prayers. Tyson has been amazing and so strong through i it all. He works all day and continuous to help at night. I don't know what I would do without my partner in crime. He is pretty dang amazing.

It's times like these that make me reflect on god and his blessings. It's funny when you pray for something really hard - and the opposite happens. You really get to know the kind if faith you have. I have tried really really hard to focus on the things that have gone right in the midst of London being hospitalized. God has show us a lot of mercy without taking the trial away. It's been a humbling experience for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Martha - what a tumultuous time for your little family! I'm sorry you had to go through this, and especially for little London. I'm glad that she's out of the hospital now. I think that what you said, "It's funny when you pray for something really hard - and the opposite happens. You really get to know the kind if faith you have." is one of the most profound things we can learn in this life - and one of the hardest. That as righteous as we can be, and as righteous as our desires are, things do not always go the way we want them to. Even knowing the principle of this, I still struggle with actually following through - having faith during results opposite of what I wish for. Yet I think this is really true faith. Anyway, I'm glad that she is doing better, and that Tyson is so supportive and helpful. Husbands are the best.

    ReplyDelete