Thursday, February 7, 2013

Random Journal Entries

February 1st, 2013

Full term baby! I am now almost 38 weeks. I can't believe I have less than 2.5 weeks. My OB said even though I'm not dilated I could start labor pretty much any day. The only thing I am holding out for is February 15th, when my grandma arrives. It will make me feel better just knowing someone will be there with Sydney and have her stay at home.

It have been uncomfortable for about a month. I remember feeling sooo good with Sydney but looking back I think I was just scared of labor. My body is definitely achy and my belly just feel sooo big and heavy. I think that's the worst part - having this massive belly that make everything hurt but laying down hurts too.

My appetite is pretty settled down. My cravings were very little with this pregnancy. My love for water is still there and everytime I have a braxton hicks I run for the water. I guess the biggest difference between London and Sydney is the braxton hicks. I have ZERO with Sydney, but with London I have 5-6 per day.

Sydney keeps me busy busy all day. I am really stepping back on the "reaching down" for things. I do still try to play on the floor with her a lot during the day. She has also been kinda sick the last three days so I have been carrying her around more. Part of me know's I should not carry her, but the other part of me knows my time with just her is so close to ending.

I find myself rocking her a little longer at night. She will lay on my belly and shoulder and melts into relaxation. It melts my heart. She seems sooo big to me now. I'm sure when I see how little London is I will be amazed that Sydney was that little too.

I am trying to enjoy my last few weeks. Today I went to Panera Bread for lunch. I though "wow soon I won't be able to do this for atleast 6 months" meaning being in a restaurant by myself. I leaned back and took many deep breaths. I just tried to take it in. Every season in life has it's good benefits. I'm finally starting to realize how important it is for me to be alone and in quiet.

February 6th, 2013

I am **this** close to getting my blog book done! My goal is to finish it up tomorrow during Sydney's first nap. Today I called and pre paid our cell phones, Internet, life insurance and car insurance. This way I know I don't worry about checking out accounts or updating our mint.

The other small projects I need to do is :

1. Blog book
2. Do our taxes
3. Take out cash for eating out and grocery shopping
4. Cook 20 crockpot freezer meals

It's crazy to think that this time next month we will have a new member to our family. We are excited and scared. The three of us have such a good rhythm together. It's scary to think we will have to refigure it out all over again. Tyson has been a huge help this entire process. He starts a new promotion tomorrow and I can't imagine having to deal with that AND a wife about to have a baby. I'm excited for my grandma to come so he has less to worry about during the day and a good cooked meal at night (what do you mean cereal isn't a good meal?)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Martha! You are amazing and I love hearing about all the happenings in your life! You have such a cute family and I am excited to see pictures of your sweet baby London!

    ReplyDelete