Saturday, November 29, 2008

Finally we were off...


Does it seem that always something comes up when you are leaving town? It always does me. Thankfully Ty and I made it to Logan on 11.26 around 10 pm. One of the things I love about going to Logan is the ability to relax and that's just what we did. Wednesday we watched a movie and hung out with Debbie and Gaylan. Thanksgiving morning we slept in and I got to watch HGTV all morning. We headed to Grandmas and Grandpa Gerbers home. It was packed! We ate and talked with all the family we had not seen all year. Tyson played Turkey Bowl and luckily we had no separated shoulders.

After dinner we headed home and decided to relax (again). We decided on a movie around 6 pm and we watched Amber City. After the movie we got home and we played a random LDS trivia game. The funniest thing is that at first we played it as a dumb joke but then we really got into it. The Gerbers are pretty competitive in everything. That night Tyson and I decided that we really wanted a tree (see here for the reason why)but the only killer deal with at Walmart at 5 am. So what did we do? You guess it. We braved Black Friday. Tyson and I eagerly woke up at four freaking thirty in the morning and innocently headed to Walmart. We were not prepared. I mean who gets up that early anyway? Apparently EVERYONE in Logan. After seeing couple of fights over Tonka Trucks, Tyson and I spotted our dream tree (6.5ft, clear lights ... heaven)and managed to get two (one for us and one for Straton) After Walmart we headed to Kohls and then to the mall. The rush of our first black Friday kept me pretty wired but then around 9 am I crashed. Its not normal for people to do so much so early. So we headed home and ... you guessed it, relaxed. Straton and Lauren brought over Guitar Hero. Around 4, the entire family, plus Jael and Steve went bowling. We got home and watched "Deja Vu" and ate pizza. Around 9 pm we packed and headed to SLC. We stopped by my Grandmas house and visited her. We got home around midnight. Overall this Thanksgiving was awesome Family, food, blessings and yes, relaxing.

I want to specially thank Gaylan and Debbie. They gifted us our first Christmas tree. I can't tell you how wonderful Tyson's family is to us. We are blessed with such great families. We love you Gerbers.

2 comments:

  1. Your family sounds awesome! I can't believe you went shopping so early!! Crazy woman :) I went shopping but not until about 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were out braving the crowds with you and we think that we may never go to Walmart again...YIKES!

    ReplyDelete