Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I've never voted before ...

so today marks a long time goal to be accomplished. I admit I was never into politics but my college years opened my eyes. I remember the 2004 election. I was dating Bill, attending the U and was really starting to find out what I believed in and who I was really was. I remember on Election day going to classes and hearing the advice from professors and what the other students were saying. I wanted to vote. I wanted to have a say. I lost my chance. I remember being glued to CNN and seeing the results come in one at a time. I thought I had life figured out.

Fast forward four years. Graduated, married and running a business, my life is SO different that what I thought it would be. It's better. I was so eager to make sure I did not lose my chance that I registered, oh I don't know, 8 months ago. I have my polling location, my ID and excitement. I thought about voting early but I did not want to lose the buzz of "election day". I hope everyone votes, I don't even care if you vote for the other dude but VOTE. Exercise your right to free speech. The sad things is that Tyson is registered in Logan and probably won't be able to vote. He is kicking himself for that. I don't know about you but there is something different about this election; our country is changing. Our world is changing. The only thing that gives me comfort is that Tyson and I are fighting to create a life of security and freedom and no other place in this world could give us that opportunity. I'm so grateful for this day. So grateful for this country. So grateful for PFS.

So go vote ... if only for your kids.

1 comment:

  1. I Hear ya!! All your hard work will pay off! I voted too and I loved wearing my "I VOTED" sticker!!

    ReplyDelete