Monday, October 10, 2011

37 Weeks






We are on the home stretch now! only 3 weeks left. Sydney is still kicking like crazy. At my last two OB appointments they have tried to do pelvic exams - with no success. My cervix is just really far up there! I am choosing to declined all of the them until I am in labor. I have a feeling that Sydney is not coming early. In fact I bet she will be a couple of days late.

Sleep continues to be the hardest part of the day. I toss and turn all night. If it's not a bathroom trip, it's braxton hicks contractions or just overall cramping.

We had our big meeting with our Doula - Lauren Sessions - yesterday.

It. Was. Awesome.

She is so wonderful. We went over my birth plan, we talked about coping techinques. We talked about Tyson's role. She makes us feel like this is going to be the best time ever. She is LDS and just has such an understanding on the spiritual part of birth. We feel so blessed to have found her.

Clothes are getting harder and harder to put on. Specially my garments - they are just so short. I have this constant line mid-belly. I have held strong though and have not bought any maternity ones. I'll just buy longer normal ones when Sydney comes.

Tyson is getting more and more excited. I am feeling more and more anxious but calm. I'm grateful for a pregnancy that has been mostly boring. I feel in awe of women's bodies and how a baby is made. I had a dream last night that I was no longer pregnant and I was running and running. It was a weird feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment