Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gloomy Saturday

Tyson left yesterday to a Primerica big event in Utah. Last night I studied with some of our recruits and slept over at Melissa's house. Today has been rainy and rainy. So what's a girl to do with such weather?

FREEZER MEALS.

Obviously I am preparing for Sydney's arrival in 20 days but even outside of that, freezer meals really do save a ton of time and stress. I've been attempting to do freezer meals for about a year now. I'm not amazing at it but I really do see a difference even when I only do minor things. Some things that I am loving about freezer meals are:

1. Cooked ground beef seperated in 1 lbs quantities
2. Cooked frozen chicken - so easy to do with cassaroles, haystacks and alfredo
3. Crock pot dishes that I can just defrost and put to cook in the morning
4. Frozen pizza. I can get frozen pizzas for less than $2 and it feeds us for two meals. Tyson is in love with our "pizza fridays" that we started 6 months ago.

Today I did salsa chicken, pot roast, lasagna soup and shake and bake chicken.

I also got a CD for Sydney's room for her "white noise" CD (I got it from the hospital). I always like to clean the house for Tyson so he comes home a clean home. If I am lucky I can find some coupons to get alfreado sause for $.69 at Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment