Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

I heart conference weekend. This year was another fun year. Saturday I worked and Ty had training but we listened to it as we were doing work. Saturday night Ty headed to priesthood session and then dinner with the guys from the ward. I headed to Julie Kellis home for a girl hang out. We talked about kids, discipline and just marriage. I love hanging out with these girls because they are very real. We also have a new investigator (Katie) come over and we are excited for her baptism at the end of the month.

Sunday morning we woke up and headed to the Scottorn home. We ate an amazing breakfast - pancakes, sausages, hash browns. Soooo good. We listened to conference. My favorite talk was 1. the ones about how fathers can help their daughters and 2. President Monson's talk on his $5 bill and answered prayers.

After the first session we decided to go on a little hike - Melissa has been trying to have her baby for two weeks now! So we headed to a cute trail in Boulder. We only half a mile but it took us well over an hour becasue Melissa and I had to stop every 5 minutes. lol. It was a gorgeous hike/walk though. We headed home and I was wiped out. I showered, had dinner and then watched a movie.

We have less than 23 days before my due date. It amazes me how fast this has gone by. I'm so excited to meet Sydney. I'm terrified too. I feel so grateful to have the chance to be a mom. To be a family. Conference weekend just reminded me of how good our God is to bless us with families.







No comments:

Post a Comment