Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Enjoying Time


Tyson and I have been really trying to enjoy our last few weeks together without Sydney. Don't get us wrong. We are thrilled to have her come and can't wait to actually meet her - still, after 4.5 years of just him and I, it's bitter sweet.

After our doula appoinment we hit Lonestar for a free appetizer. We are loving our long mornings of sleeping in and Tyson talking to Sydney. Sunday's are spent watching movies, sleeping and just cuddling. It's been a very sweet and tender time.

Our friend Melissa gave birth to her little girl on 10/10. We are beyond thrilled for them. Children are such a blessing. Through our entire struggle to conceive I always knew it would be worth it. I'm seeing slowly why God gave us families. Just the anticipation for our first little one has made us kinder and loving. Dont' get me wrong. I'm an emotional mess most of the days. I feel totally weepy and scared most of the time, but I am grateful to have this experience.

I am planning a small birthday party for Tyson on 10/22. I don't want his birthday to get lost in the shuffle of Sydney coming. Tyson has been truly amazing through this whole process. He has been sooo patient. So willing to help. So willing to be part of this. He wants to be the main coach and I am so grateful for it. It feels like we are a team. I'm so grateful for him.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy those quiet moments for sure because your life is definitely going to be turned upside down when Sydney arrives! I am sooo excited for you. Please let me know if you have any questions :) Being a mom is the best.

    ReplyDelete