Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cake success

I did it! After about 6 years of failed attempts at making a good looking double decker round cake - I did it. I remember the first time I attempted it. We were just married in 2007 and we were in charge of planning activities for the other young couples in the ward. We Planned a Christmas party and everyone needed to bring a dessert. I thought I would do a cake because they look awesome. Well the cake sucked. It fell apart and the frosting just took out more chucks of the cake. Don't believe me? Check out these picture proofs 




 I'm warming you the pics are so bad :)



Pretty bad eh? Well that was just the first of probably 40 attempts to make it. For a while I gave up on it but always wanted to come back. It just seemed to me that a Classic round cake is awesome and looks so fancy. This year I have stepped it up and watched about 6 hours of you tube videos on doing it. I finally got one to work. I made the cakes and cooled them for a long time. I made the frosting myself and let it chill. I did a crumb coat on the cake, then chilled for 20 minutes. Then I frosted it and back on the fridge. 

I looked great! It was a little dry so I'll have to keep working on it but I was just Sooo happy it worked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment