Friday, December 27, 2013

Pneumonia

Christmas Day I woke up and just felt off. My throat hurt - although that had happened for weeks. I took Tylenol and musinex and began our day. By 2 I was super sick. I almost canceled our party but I took medicine and felt better. Thursday I woke up worse. My tempeture was 102. I took more medicine and braced for the day since Ty had to work. The day was pretty bad. The girls took a bubble bath, played Legos and watched more tv than I even remember. We all took naps at 2. I woke up at 4 with a temp of 103.5. I could not even move. I panicked and called Ty and friends trying to get relief Tyson came home at 530. Jay Bugarin showed up with dinner and a blessing. By the time they gave me a blessing I was at 104.2 degrees fever. Ty took over and fed the girls. I ate chicken noodle soup and laid on the couch. We packed the girls and headed for the insta care. On the way there my stomach started to really hurt. They took me right in but then told me to go to the ER because of stomach pain.

We headed to the ER. Ty dropped me off and took the girls home. I waited about 20 and they took me in. Took blood and vitals and hooked me up to saline. They accidentally kept my turnikit on so my ivy hurt pretty bad. After 2 hours they said I got pneumonia. The first thing that hit me was the girls. They gave me medicine and antibiotics for the infection. They also gave me mask to wear at home. We got home at 945 and saw that Elissa smith was amazing. Not only did she watch the girls but cleaned my house which was a total disaster! Amazing!!!  We started the cleaning process. We scrubbed downstairs and cleaned every toy. This morning we started washing all the bedding and kept the girls away from me. Tyson was amazing and let me stay in bed. The doctors put me on antibiotics for 7 days but said after 48 hours I won't be contagious. 

It's been a crazy year for health. From giving birth to London getting rsv to pneumonia. Crazy year for sure. So glad for healthy bodies.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Everyone is busted lately. I had a cold from last Thursday to now. It's slowly going away but it's still tough. I'm glad you're doing better now.

    If it makes you feel better, I have my second ingrown toenail infection this year. Same foot, same spot. It's going to be great (aka painful) to remove it.

    ReplyDelete