Monday, February 18, 2008

IKEA and Friends

Don't you hate it when weekends seem like a blur? This weekend did. Saturday was crazy. We woke up, headed to our team meeting, ate lunch, visited clients and just when we seemed to slow down, I got the biggest yearning to finally visit IKEA.


So my sweet husband drives me down to IKEA and I was sure to find my future house inside. The verdict; disappointment. I was turned off by the hundreds of people; the over-modern feel and the inabilty to really find a room that I would use in my own home. Another problem is the ongoing battle between mine and Ty's decorating taste. We have never been able agree on something we both like. I'm simple and organized, Ty is creative and dramatic; so we can't agree. An example would be our wedding registry. After 2 hours at BB&B, we could not agree on any bed covers and I almost broke down (lack to sleep and food was also a factor.)The high note was visiting the IKEA restaurant - which we both agree is a brilliant system and location. We both got a great bowl of pasta for $1.99! It was great.

Saturday night we spent with three of my favorite couples. We had a blast playing Scene-It (Disney version), eating and talking until 12:30 am.


Sunday we finally visited my family and had a great chat with my brothers girlfriend. I'm grateful for strong families. Stratton (Ty's little bro) crashed at our place last night and will get to hang out with Ty tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment