Friday, February 1, 2008

The Night Before

My little sister gets marride tomorrow. For those of you who have had their younger sibling get married I think you will agree with me that the entire experience is a little sureal. Since I can remember I have been with Jael through all the major things in life and we have helped each other through pretty much every hardships. It's been tought/great/happy/scary to see her committ to the single biggest decision in her life. Don't get me wrong, Steve is awesome and the perfect match, but part of me knows that things will never be the same - and it makes me hurt. I called her and asked if she needed anything from me and she said "can we just work out?" Who could say no to that? So tonight, the night before her wedding, Jael and I will hit my favorite spin class for the last time and I just think how grateful I am for the many times we ran, ate, played, cried together.

Tomorrow will be an awesome day and I'm more excited that I will be able to be at her sealing - something that noone else in the family can do. I'm grateful that families can be together after we die - but I'm grateful that we can be together now.

On a similar topic, all this wedding stuff reminds me of the night before MY wedding - so many emotions and yet it was all so simple. Here was a run down of the night before my wedding:

8 am - 3 pm: Work. I know, I know, I was crazy but Ty and I really needed the money and we were going on two honeymoons - so I needed the time :)

3 pm - 4 pm: Peticure and Manicure

4 pm - 6 pm: Home, packed for wedding, got my dress and gear ready for the next day (BTW I could not have done this without my amazing mom and Jael)

6 pm - 9 pm: Got ready, headed to our wedding dinner at Leatherbees and had a fantastic time surrounded by 100 of our friends and family. We had a blast

9 pm - 11 pm: Headed to the Grand America with my closest girlfriends and chatted, talked, cried and took Tylenol PM (How did they know?)

I can remember just thinking "So this is it eh?" and recalling all the times that my friends got married and wondering 1. what it would feel like and 2. what would be going through my mind.

I loved my wedding, but more importantly I love that my family was there. In the end its all about family - not the reception, the food, the DJ, the flowers ... etc. Family. I love my family. I love my husband. I don't tell/show him enough how grateful I am for him.

So here's to my amazing Jael, to the amazing men in our lives and to the happy times ahead. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment