Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cold and Snowy

We woke up today to 12 inches of snow - which were mostly melted by 5 pm. Gotta love that Colorado weather. Slow days are nice at work. I get caught up at work and do office stuff for Tyson. I am attempting a "meal planning" strategy for us to try out. I have heard so much about the time and hassel is saves but to tell you the truth everytime I would start to write specific meals out I would just get overwhelmed.

I was reading a blog that gave me a great idea. Do "food" category days instead of specific meals. So here is my first attempt:

Mondays - pasta day
Tuesdays - crockpot day
Wednedays - left overs
Thrusday - eating with the team :)
Friday - pizza and fruit
Saturday - Surprise
Sunday - Surprise

Truth be told I have the next three Sundays planned. Saturdays will most likely be eating left overs and something quick. This makes alot more sense to me. I have a big calendar in my kitchen so I can get reminded of which day it is. Breakfast and lunches are still in the air. One thing at a time.

Tyson was gone all day but when he did finally get home we did a little at home workout. It's pretty pathetic that my sister can teach an hour long spinning ride and I can barely do 10 push ups. I do much better at cardio than strengh training. I'm excited for warm days filled with bike rides, walks and just being outside.

We head out to SLC May 20-24th and I could not be more excited. I miss Utah. A lot. Specially just hanging out with my family. Last night we played games with the Scottorns and Hickmans. The girls won at Celebraty and the boys did not take it well.

So we can honestly say we made it through our first big Colorado storm. Now bring on spring please!

3 comments:

  1. What?Your coming to Utah? Is it for meetings? What's the plan? half in Logan/half in SLC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?Your coming to Utah? Is it for meetings? What's the plan? half in Logan/half in SLC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen on that strength training being harder than cardio thing. I totally can't do push ups, but I can run for twenty minutes. But I'm working on it, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred here you go! And that's a great idea for the meal plan to just go more generic. I say, whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete