Thursday, March 11, 2010

Saving in Colorado

I have to admit I was excited and scared to start couponing again. I feel like such an amature. Colorado is different - both good and bad.

This last week I have slowly started to coupon again. I have missed the thrill of getting the deals. We were lucky to enough to have enough food from our stash in Utah that we have been able to make it just fine with the current food we had. Here are my first success stories:



Safeway was having a cereal sales and thanks to my coupon blogs I was able to snatch a great deal on Ty's favorite stuff.

Retail cost: $24
I paid: $5

Wow! Tyson actually got this deal during the day and he was very happy.



King Soopers is the next big chain here. I was able to get 4 bottles of virgin and extra virgin olive oil, three boxes of whole-wheat pasta and two loafes of whole-wheat bread.

Retail cost $47
I paid: $5.41


The two things that I just love about couponing in Colorado are:
1. Both Safeway and King Soopers double EVERY coupon. No limits.
2. Unlike Utah all the shelves are actually stocked. So many times in Utah if you got there the end of the week - the items were completly gone.

It's nice to see some familiar things start to happen. I'll keep you updated on my couponing adventures.

3 comments:

  1. Whole wheat...very impressive!! Good Job! I need to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I'm so glad couponing is working out for you so well in Colorado already. I do love that the deals are always there no matter what day I go out here. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete