Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fist Time Sad ...





Yesterday was the first taste of homesickness. I'm not sure what brought it on to the point where I almost cried at work. Maybe it was Strat and Lauren having their sweet baby and we missed. Maybe is missing my little brothers going to the temple for baptism for the first time this Saturday and not being able to be there.

Colorado has been a great adventure so far - still I keep busy because I don't want to dwell on what I am missing - rather what we are creating for the future.

We had our opp night last night. Tyson had his first guest! It was really exciting. We headed to Wendy's after with the team to hang out. It was great. Ty is really focused and doing great things. There are alot of adjustments but we are both so willing to work at it.

We attended our ward on Sunday. It was great. We feel very loved here and really look forward to getting involved. Our first Friday here we were lucky enough to go to Message Envy and get an awesome message and eat at Q'doba (AKA Cafe Rio's sister :)

We had our first appointment on Saturday - with Jael's good friend Mindy.

2 comments:

  1. Martha! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it's rough missing out on those things but keep your chin up! You guys are doing an awesome thing! I noticed Straten and Lauren's blog link from your page doesn't work. I would really love to see pics of their baby! I'm sure it's super cute! Do you know if they still have a blog? Is it private? Keep in touch! Love ya!

    Beki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beki....http://laurenandstratongerber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete