Thursday, April 15, 2010

Auction

I witnessed my first auction for storage today. It was such a weird experience. At 11:30 am there were more than 30 people at my property. After they all signed in, I took them to each unit, opened up the unit and the bidding began. One unit had a Lexus convertible hardtop and sold for more than $600. Sadly though the owner owned like $1400 so they will be sent to collections for the difference. Its sad to see people lose everything by not being able to pay for stuff. The other two units, although full of some person's memories - only sold for $85.

These auctions happen once a month and some people make a living out of it. They buy the stuff and hopefully are able to sell it for more on ebay or swapmeets. About an hour after we were done another client came in and wanted to know how to get in the auction action. This experience makes me realize why we do what we do. Although difficult, Ty and I are really laying down a foundating for success so we never have to experience that. It's pretty amazing how it all works out. We are truly blessed.

Ty got back on Monday and man it's great to have him home. I missed him terribly. We made home made pizza and watched V last night. Tyson loves that show. I attemped to make Tres Leches for my coworker - not pretty. I will keep trying though. This weekend we have a big dinner at the Stake Center and I will make 3 dozen rolls - glad I finally learned how to make good one eh?A

2 comments:

  1. I happen to hate tres leches (I hate soggy cake) but I love this woman's recipes and all the pics - you seriously can't ever go wrong 'cause she shows every single step! Good luck! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres-leches-cake/

    ReplyDelete