Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rainy Day's



It's been a rainy day - perfect for making 3 dozen dinner rolls! I attempted two ways. I made one dough yesterday, let is rise, shaped it and froze it. I followed instructions and they are thawing out right now. My goal is to maybe learn how to make rolls and breads ahead of time so I can start a food storage of it. Pizza and rolls are my main objective to learn to make head - oh and scones for parties!

The second batch was just the same and is currently rising. I am learning a couple of things: 1. Adding of cup of "bread flour" really helps. 2. The longer the rise, the softer the bread. Making rolls has been such a crazy experience. I sucked at first and I mean s.u.c.k.e.d, yet I never gave up. I am hoping my curse is broken and I learn to not just make fresh rolls - but how to freeze and prepare for future stuff.

Debbie called us last night and informed us that there was an earthquake in Logan yesterday. Utah has been said to be due for a big earthquake and to have a 5.0 close by made me want to make sure I am ready. Tyson attended a stake prepareness activity and we are finished with our 72 hour kits. It's funny because when I talk about 72 hour kits, everyone outside the church in CO gives me the weirdest look.

It feels good to be prepared though.

We are having a church investigator over tomorrow for dinner and I am trying a new pasta dish - Pasta Carboana. We had it at Buca di Bepo and I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm! Sounds delicious! And way to go with the 72 hour kit! It's good to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete