Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kmart Double Coupon Trip

Wow wow wow. I just finished my first run at the annual Kmart double coupon week and I'm really impressed. The nice thing is that Colorado actually runs it. Utah never does - with good reason, they would probably go out of business. I remember the one time I tried to take advantage of the Smiths annual coupon day - EVERYTHING was gone. It was insane.

I was so dumb and forgot until the middle of the week that this was running, so I had to make up a lot of time. I was happy to get a lot of household stuff, specially laundry detergent. I also realized that I use way too much of the concentrated soap - specially since our clothes don't get that dirty. I honestly think I could stretch this out for a year worths of detergent.



So here is the recap:

4 All laundry detergent
3 Tampax tampons
7 Halls cough drops - Tyson goes through these like candy!
2 St. Ive's face wash
2 Dial hands0aps
2 Turtles candy packages
2 Bic disposable razors
2 Soft Scrub all in one kitchen cleaners

Retail: $88.50 including taxes.
I paid: $5.97 including taxes.

I basically paid only taxes! Man this was fun event. It look some strategizing since you could only use 5 coupons per day but I am very proud of myself for it. Until next year.

1 comment: