Wednesday, April 7, 2010






We survived our first holiday in Colorado. I honestly believe the trick is just staying busy and doing your own traditions.

Tyson and I had a grown-up Easter egg hunt in our apartment Saturday night. It was really fun actually, even with just two people.

Sunday we woke up and made a gorgeous table for our Waffle Sunday tradition. Melissa Scottorn and her kids came over and they had a little egg hunt and enjoyed the food. We topped it off by watching the first session of conference.

After they left we really thought we were going to be alone the rest of the night - until .....sweet Rebbeca Robbins invited us over for dinner! I was so happy. I made funeral potatoes and we were on our way. Dinner was awesome and reminded me so much of home: ham, potatoes, jello and veggies. It screamed LDS. I loved it. We payed a game called "Wacky Six" and had a Scookie dessert.

Rebecca actually let me borrow a really cool book named Babywise. It's on a way to have babies but actually have them sleep through the night. It has blown my mind. It's made the thought of babies so much better :) She has 1. beautiful children 2. happy children and 3. children that sleep through the night. Who wouldn't want that? I am half way through the book and already I feel much more prepared.

We got home and counted our blessings. Colorado has been so good to us and will continue to be good to us. Chenille one time told me that the key to moving is to stay busy busy busy - she is SO right. We have really reached out to our ward, our baseshop and just put ourselves on the line. It's been great.

6 comments:

  1. How fun!! Its looks really like a blast :) Good for you sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!! I am galde you ahd a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE babywise! It has been fabulous for our two kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Martha. Just be careful with Babywise...we used it with our first and ended up driving ourselves crazy because our expectations were too high. Why isn't our baby sleeping through the night at 8 weeks!?!? It took 8 months...every baby is different and you just can't depend on a book. It has some great tips in the book, I'm just saying that with your first baby it can set you up for disappointment. Our first baby was a monster!

    ReplyDelete