Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cool Missionary Experience

November came and went. Lots of fun memories. I wanted to jot something really neat that has been happening. We have a agent in Tyson's office,her name is Jessica . Sweetest girl ever! She has a 4 year old and a 1 month old. Jessica has had a pretty rough life and yet she is delightful to be around.

Now I love my religion and I have a firm testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am not, however, someone that pushes my beliefs on everyone else. I believe any god-fearing person who contributes to our world is heaven sent. Honestly in Utah we never really had to worry much about talking about our church - everyone kind of new it and had positive feelings about it . Moving to Colorado has been so different. There are churches everywhere. People are very open about what they like and equally talkative about what they don't like. Being a ward missionary has really given me more perspective for the church outside of Utah.

When we fed the missionaries on Saturday we were challenged to give out a Book of Mormon. Wow I got scared. I've given out several before but it never came to anything it was always kind of weird. My mind starting going through someone I could give it to - that was ready. Jessica came to mind. She has been asking lots of questions and she just knows that God needs to be in her life. I was a little scared about it being that we work with her and all, but Melissa also said it would be a great idea. So I did. I wrapped up the Book of Mormon as well as DVD for "families can be together" and I wrote a simple note about the happiness this Gospel had given me. I gave it to her last night after opp.

Melissa txt me this morning and told me she LOVED the video and that she cried during it.Wow! I txt Jessica and asked her what she thought. She wrote me about how she wants to start all over again, how she knew God wanted her to be active in a church but all the other left her feeling nothing. She told me how she felt hope and that the video talked about all the things she wanted to change and have. It was amazing.

We were asked to feed the missionaries tomorrow night super last minute. Well maybe it was heaven sent because I invited Jessica and her kids to come join us. Also Melissa and her kiddos are coming.

The last couple of months I have felt very selfish and that I was making my trials seem too big. I also felt that I need to start serving and forget myself but I did not know how. This feels like my chance to serve and to put God first in my life. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment