Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Babysitting : Day 1

Last night started our 3-day parenting experience, while my best friend Melynda is in Hawaii, we accepted the offer to help her out, pick Gabriel (4) and Isaac (2) up from Grandma's house and spend the night with them. Below is a guideline of last night.

6:30 pm: We picked up Gabriel and Isaac, got home, made dinner, hot cocoa, played "Hungry Hungry Hippos" and relaxed.
8:00 pm: I put on Cars and the boys were in heaven.
9:15 pm: We changed into PJ's, got the next day's clothes ready and had a late night treat.
10:15 pm: Isaac was in bed and Gabriel was fighting to keep his eyes open
10:30 pm: Boys are in bed, I jump in the shower and get ready for tomorrow.
***Now by this point I actually thought I was doing quite well and fully expected the rest of the night to be quiet and relaxing***
11:30 pm: Ty gets home, we jump into bed for a wonderful night sleep.
12:30 am: Gabriel wakes up and starts crying, I confidently get up, get him a drink and he is off to bed again. ***Man I'm good ***
1:30 am: Gabriel wakes up again and I leap out to get him water- but he's not happy with it? He just sits there and cries. I pick him up, take him into the living room and walk around until he falls sleep.
2:30 am: Isaac's turn! Isaac wakes up and is angry. Ty tried to comfort him but no good. He starts walking around the room, crying, sob sob, cry some more. Ty picks him up and takes him into the living room to rock him but while rocking him Ty feels something wet. PEE!! Issac had peed and it had soaked through his diaper and all over Ty's clothes. Ty changes Isaac, puts him to bed and hops in the shower - Isaac still crying. Finally around 3:30 am everyone is quite and Ty and I can get some sleep.
7:30 am: BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Is it really time to get up? I'll sleep in for 10 more minutes. Nope. The boys are up and want something to eat. While I get dress for work, Ty gives him some milk, changes diapers and puts on fresh clothes.
8:05 am: My hair is nasty, no make up on, half a bowl of cereal and I'm out the door. Ty stays, gets the boys ready and drops them off at Grandmas house....

Stick around for tonight's adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Martha, you make me laugh. Don't give up on parenting yet; although children do never seem to sleep through the night, even after they're supposed to. Good luck tonight! (This makes me feel better about the days I don't get dressed until 10 and even then my hair is gross).

    ReplyDelete